Cross-country skiing in Kitzbühel
Gliding along freshly groomed cross-country trails.
Cross-country skiing is probably the most elegant way to experience Kitzbühel and its surroundings in winter.
Staying on track
The snowy winter landscape and divine panoramic views are a feast for the eyes, the crystal-clear mountain air refreshes your spirit and soul, and the movements you make in the snow cause you to feel every muscle in your body in a most pleasant way.
Enjoying peace and quiet and leaving your troubles and stress behind – that’s the magic of cross-country skiing.
A few simple instructions are all you’ll need to take your first steps on your cross-country skis and become acquainted with this marvellous sport.
However, if you really want to get to know cross-country skiing, and learn to love it, you should definitely take some cross-country ski school lessons.
The network of cross-country trails in Kitzbühel, with its connections to trails in neighbouring regions, is not only huge but also outstandingly groomed and maintained.
Find out more at www.kitzbuehel.com
- All cross-country trails in and around Kitzbühel can be used for free and have been groomed for classic cross-country skiing and skating.
- Ski through the night on the floodlit sport trail near the Kitzbühel-Schwarzsee-Reith Golf Club (daily until 9:30 p.m., approx. 2.5 km are illuminated).
- The cross-country ski schools can teach you the right technique, and you can also rent all the equipment you need.
All cross-country ski schools at a glance www.kitzbuehel.com
- Sportloipe trail (guaranteed snow, 6.7-km trail)
- Markus Gandler trail (4-km loop near Schwarzsee lake)
- Stadtloipe Kitzbühel – Aurach – Jochberg trail (goes from Kitzbühel to the Jochberghütte.)
- Bichlachloipe trail (varied hilly trail with challenging climbs)
- Sonnenloipe trail (when temperatures plunge, you can enjoy the winter on the Sonnenloipe trail)
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Events in Kitzbühel have their own rhythm. The good thing about Kitzbühel is that you can enjoy yourself at your own pace by choosing one of the many legendary events that’s just right for you.